The control of the overhead contact system is designed for monitoring and automated evaluation of the technical condition of the overhead contact system and for data recording in a signals database from two cameras (thermal and ultraviolet) with high resolution.
During the control of the overhead contact network is carried out:
- Measurement of the overhead line condition (till four pieces simultaneous) (zigzag) and overhead line suspension height in two modes – with the pressing of a measuring current collecting runner and without it (with the aid of optical scanning);
- Height registration of departing branches from a surface of a current collector runner in points ±600 mm from an axis of a current collector runner discretely 0...40mm, 40...80mm;
- Registration of the fact of contact by the contact aerial on bevels;
- Measurement of the current collector pressure force on the overhead conductor;
- Fixation of the overhead structure and determination of the distance from the track centerline to the overhead structure;
- Measurement of flight length between supports;
- Determination of the type (alternating, constant) and value of the overhead structure voltage;
- Temperature measurement of external air;
- Acceleration measurement of a measuring current collector runner during the interaction with current collector;
- Fixation of current collector jump from contact wire;
- Determination of nonstandard deviation of parameters of the visually observed overhead objects;
- Thermovision and ultraviolet control of the overhead facilities;
- Video control of the overhead construction condition with possibility of location of operator’s marks and record of voice comments with the subsequent continuous and selective view by set criteria (supports, railway points, operator’s marks, etc.);
- Automated numerical score of the overhead system technical condition.
- positioning and binding of information to the geodetic and railway coordinate systems, and to railway infrastructure objects (rail crossings, bridges, tunnels, railway crossings, supports of overhead contact system),
- distant transmission of operational information that is obtained by control, with the aid of connected mobile terminal about the location of track-test car, estimation results and revealed deviation that are obtained by responsible services directly in the process of control to take measures for their speedy removal.
The combination of two control systems of the overhead line condition (zigzag) and overhead line suspension height (with the pressing of a measuring current-collecting runner and without it (with the aid of optical scanning)) provides:
- possibility of comparing the geometric parameters of the overhead line with the pressing of current collector and without it (with the aid of the optical scanning),
- wide range of operating not only in the full operating temperature range, but in severe weather conditions (precipitation, direct solar illumination, etc.) (provided by the control system with the pressing of a measuring current-collecting runner),
- control in the static mode without pressing of a current-collecting runner (under following conditions – acceptance of overhead contact system after the construction, reconstruction and repair, control during the test through the neutral zones).
The optical scanning system (special development of the company INFOTRANS) is designed with protection from solar radiation.